Job Title: Catering Manager / Cook
Location: The role is based between our Signal Tea Room - Froghall, the Goods Shed Tearoom - Cheddleton, Our travelling dining train &Froghall Office
We are looking for a talented and passionate Catering Manager. to join our close-knit team. You will be enthused at cooking in a unique environment, going the extra mile to provide the best experience to our customers who often use our services for special occasions. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your catering career in a small but dynamic organisation.
The key responsibilities of a Catering Manager/ Cook include, but are not limited to:
- Cooking and preparing food mainly for our tearooms and when needed on board our dining train.
- Managing the stock in our respective outlets, working to identify new and niche suppliers.
- Managing our catering staff, training, recruitment, and rostering.
- Planning for our catering department based upon business needs and seasonal working.
- Liaising with customers for private charters.
- Weekend working and some evenings and long shifts during big events
- Out of Season working in our administration office dealing with bookings and general administration
The key skills and qualities of a Catering Manager/Cook:
- Able to work with our small team to grow catering within the business, leading by example and showing willingness across the board of all catering needs
- Totally independent in problem solving without recourse to senior management at every issue, and sufficiently prepared with alternatives when things go wrong
- Fully competent with Office 365
- Possesses a full UK driving licence
We are a small organisation, operating with a lot of volunteer staff who treat this as a hobby and place of enjoyment. The successful candidate must understand the philosophy of why people wish to volunteer their services. Equally the candidate must understand the flexibility that this role requires – from on train dining to the station tearooms.
For further information or to apply please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org