STEAM FOOTPLATE RIDE - ADVANCED - £250.00
Duration 2 hours
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to ride on the footplate of a standard gauge steam locomotive? Or do you know someone who has always dreamed of riding on a historic locomotive? If so then a steam footplate ride is just the ticket.
These courses offer a unique experience that allow its participants to get up close and personal with a steam locomotive. Experience the magic of a working steam locomotive as you climb aboard the footplate with out experienced crews.
Why not treat yourself or surprise someone you know with a day that will never be forgotten.
This is the perfect extended taster experience and includes all day standard travel for the participant. Your footplate ride will cover 20 miles and will last 2 hours. Our locomotive will be travelling onto the Cauldon Lowe Branch which offers some of the steepest gradients in preservation.
You will board one of our historic steam locomotives hauling a passenger service through stunning Staffordshire Moorlands. Experience the thrill of the sights, sounds, smell and heat of a steam engine footplate with our expert and highly experienced engine crews answering questions whilst pointing out various points of interest during your journey.
THE PARTICIPANT MUST:
* Be aged over 18 years and under 70 years old. If you are aged 70+ years please call the office for advice.
* Be physically and mentally fit enough to climb on and off the locomotive from ground level unaided.
* Wear overalls or old cotton clothing that fully covers your arms and legs.
* Wear sturdy shoes / boots that protect your feet - trainers are definitely not permitted.
* Must not consume alcohol in the 12 hour period leading up to the ride / course or during the Footplate Experience. Locomotives will be used from the current fleet available and cannot be specified in advance.
We reserve the right to deny access to the Footplate should any of the above not be adhered to.
To Book Please Call the Office on: 01538 360522
- The Footplate Courses are very popular and we therefore strongly advise that you make an early booking.
- Please note that the Churnet Valley Railway (1992) PLC reserves the right to reschedule a Footplate Course for whatever reason and sometimes at short notice should a locomotive failure occur.