Visit Santa Staffordshire 2020
Santa and Steam 2020
Get Christmas off to a magical start in Staffordshire by riding aboard the Santa Express, where Father Christmas will be visiting the railway to collect all the children’s wish lists ahead of Christmas Day. Sit back and enjoy the ride as your train steams through the Churnet Valley and Staffordshire Moorlands, on the outskirts of the Peak District. Located near the market town of Leek, this West Midlands event is within easy reach of Cheshire and Derbyshire, and is one of the biggest things to do with the kids around Stoke-on-Trent this Christmas; being the perfect start to many holidays for generations as we approach our 24th year in 2020.The Christmas Elves will be on-hand to welcome you aboard the festive filled coaches, where they will introduce the big man himself. But wait what’s wrong? Oh no; the Elves have forgotten to invite Father Christmas! As we can’t have a Santa Express without him, we’re going to have to take a detour to the North Pole to pick him up.
Whilst venturing through Consall and Cheddleton, each of the happy little elves will help to spread the Christmas cheer with singsongs and quizzes for all to enjoy and join in with. Make sure to keep one eye out of the window, as the further North we go the more magical the land becomes. After passing through the Northern Lights you will arrive at the North Pole, where everyone’s hero will be waiting to be collected. Once we all cheer him onboard, we can then return to our journey whilst Father Christmas comes to meet you all at your seat. Bearing wonderful gifts for each little Boy and Girl, he will take time to learn all that is on each child’s wish list. Mums, Dads, Grandmas and Grandpas can relax and enjoy a drink some of the finest North Pole chocolate courtesy of Santa’s Christmas elves.
Begin your journey from our Froghall station filled with festive atmosphere, hot and cold food is available from our Signals Tea Room, with a range of gifts from our Signals Souvenir shop. Ample free parking is available, with procedures in place to help the less able including wheelchair users.
Dogs are not permitted on our Santa Express train, with the exception of guide dogs.
- Seating and return journey on our Santa Express Train to the North Pole
- Meet Santa as he wanders through the train talking to all the good boys and girls
- A wonderful age suitable present for all children
- Complimentary soft drink and treat for each little boy and girl
- Complimentary glass of sherry and sweet treat for adults
- 1 Hour 30 Train Ride
- Increased to 15 mile journey
- Unique story for the Churnet Valley Railway
- There are toilets on the trains but unfortunately no Baby changing facilities
- Buggies and pushchairs must be folded down and stored in the station waiting room due to the shortage of space on the train
- Please call if you have a wheelchair user and we will make appropriate arrangements
Our Santa trains depart from the Froghall station, situated on the A52, Stoke to Ashbourne road (post code ST10 2HA).
We are approximately a 30-minute drive from Stoke-on-Trent.
Q: Is the compartment £30 each?
A: All compartments require you to purchase individual tickets, and then pay a single supplement of £30 for your group. Compartments can be booked for a minimum of 6 and maximum of 8, though if you have a baby in your group who can sit on a lap then this can be increased.
Q: How far away are you?
• We are approximately 30-minutes from Stoke-on-Trent
• We are approximately 30-minutes from Uttoxeter
• We are approximately 40-minutes from Congleton
• We are approximately 50-minutes from Macclesfield
• We are approximately 30-minutes from Stafford
Q: Does everyone see Father Christmas?
A: Santa Claus will meet everyone at their respective seat, and spend time talking with each group whilst sharing presents for each child.
Q: Do we need to buy a ticket for a baby?
A: We charge tickets for all children who receive a gift, no matter what their age.
Q: How long does the event last?
A: Your journey will last approximately 1hr and 20 minutes from departure.
Q: What happens if its cold?
A: We have heating on our train and will do everything to make it a comfortable warm experience
Q: We have a big group/ family can we get discount?
A: For groups 15 or more a 10% is available if you call the office and book
Q: When can I book?
A: Tickets will go live on the 5th August 2020