Travelling Ticket Inspector
Whilst enjoying the views from your wide-windowed 1950s carriage, a friendly face will come along and ask to see your ticket. Our Travelling Ticket Inspectors perform a vital role, not only by checking your ticket but being on-hand to answer any questions you may have regarding our railway.
On a typical day at the Railway a Travelling Ticket Inspector (TTI) would perform the following duties:
- Helping the Guard to prepare the train, including reserving seats as necessary
- Clipping Tickets
- Selling tickets on the train
- Recording passenger numbers
- Collecting litter and keeping the trains clean
- Answering passenger questions regarding the history of the line and future plans
TTI's are instructed during training to be smart and helpful to the passengers so their visit is enjoyable.